Sunday, February 1, 2015

Seat Cleats

Grabbed some more Tas Oak from Bunnings and marked out the cleat positions after much measuring and alignment. I decided to drill several holes in the cleats to allow some adjustment in the position of the seat. This will allow the seat to go back a couple of inches and forward 4 inches from its normal position. The normal position is ok for me, but the adjustments will cater for different passengers. I also made the front cleat longer so that I can attach a removable box to keep tackle and a waterproof container within. Attaching it to the cleat means that it will be attached to the kayak in case of an overturn, but also is not a permanent fixture. In order to ensure the cleats were in the correct position I glued them in while attached to the seat, with some glad wrap in between the cleat and seat to ensure the seat didn't get stuck down. Worked well.






No comments:

Post a Comment